Don’t miss the launch of Leon de Kock’s Losing the Plot: Crime, Reality and Fiction in Postapartheid Writing at Love Books
Wits University Press and Love Books have the pleasure of inviting you to the launch of Leon de Kock’s new book, Losing the Plot: Crime, Reality and Fiction in Postapartheid Writing.
What does South African writing look like in the “post-postapartheid” era, the period in which the high expectations of 1994 and the golden era of the Mandela presidency turned sour? What is a “Postapartheid Writer”?
Poet, novelist and literary critic Leon de Kock will be in conversation with Simon van Schalkwyk, literature scholar and lecturer at Wits University.
- Date: Thursday, 13 October 2016
- Time: 5:30 PM for 6:00 PM
- Venue: Love Books
The Bamboo Centre
53 Rustenburg Road
Johannesburg | Map
- Interviewer: Simon van Schalkwyk
- Refreshments: Come and join us for a glass of wine
- RSVP: Corina van der Spoel, Corina.email@example.com